Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS)
Previously, surgical procedure involved larger surgical incisions for safe and successful operations. With advanced techniques and procedures, it is possible to complete a safe and successful operation with minimal skin incision and the use of a miniature access approach like laparoscopy and endoscopy. A minimally invasive procedure typically involves use of laparoscopic devices and remote-control manipulation of instruments with indirect observation of the surgical field through an endoscope or similar device, and is carried out through the skin, a body cavity or anatomical opening.
Advantages of Minimal Invasive Surgery:
- It offers higher visibility than open surgery, particularly in deep structures such as the pelvis.
- Reduceduration of hospitalization
- Lower chances of tissue damage
- Reduced blood loss during surgery, wound complications and scarring
- Better pain management after surgery
- Quicker return to daily activities such as walking, going to work, etc.
Procedures that use MIS
- Hernia Repair
- Anterior Resection of Rectum
- Colon Polyp Removal
- Colostomy Closure
If you would like to find out more about Hip Replacement or any other treatment, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org